Betty & Friedrich Fischer
January 30, 1876 – October 01, 1955
As a representative of the Gaudenzdorfer male choir, Friedrich Fischer held the speech that evening in 1901 and won the heart of the young Betty Pomberger. Friedrich was a qualified chemist and distiller, however, his true skill was in sales.
He was a travelling salesman with his own horse and cart, which was something quite special at the time. In 1902 he founded the liqueur and fruit juice factory Friedrich Fischer - Franz Pomberger’s “Eidam”, the old German word for son-in-law.
He was the first one to produce raspberry juice on an industrial scale, something that was previously reserved only for pharmacists, and he bought the house at Wilhelmstrasse 19 because the entrance was wide enough for his horse and cart.
Fischer pressed up to 60,000 kg of berries each season and supplied the countries of the K. u. K. monarchy with his raspberry juice. In 1904 he was given the National Award of the K. u. K. Ministries and the title of Imperial Council.
Friedrich Fischer expanded the property, bought companies, five other houses, two cinemas and the subterranean lake in the Wienerwald, which has remained a tourist attraction to this day as the largest underground lake in Europe.
Friedrich Fischer was the first to introduce electric lights in the Wilhelmstrasse, much to the fascination of his neighbors. Artistically, he was also very successful: He composed couplets for Alexander Girardi and Richard Valdemar, the most famous actors of the time, wrote countless Viennese songs and also a book about his home town Gaudenzdorf. He passed away in 1955.